Thursday, August 15, 2013

Living in the chaos

Rain is gently falling unlike the Niagara version in the rain chains yesterday in Columbus at the Pastoral Institute.  If you don't know what I'm talking about go by there on a rainy day and ask to see the rain chains.  It's worth the trip.  On a good soaker day like yesterday.  It's pretty cool.  I'm having a back porch built so those may be added to my long wish list of accessories. 

My contractor is a calm presence in the midst of the chaos of my house.  He is expert in knowing that the woman of the house must be looked in the eye while discussing upcoming decisions about construction which make take several weeks/months to complete.  He is also grateful that I don't "nut up" like some homeowners have over things like the dryer not working after a move to a new location just because the plug was accidentally wired wrong.  My mantra in the chaos is "wait for it--this is gonna be good".  And God was right, "it was good" having your washer and dryer on the main floor of your home.  I'm sure if God had laundry that even the angels would insist the appliances not be located in the basement.    


This picture makes me smile.  Great for a chaotic day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment