Thursday, April 4, 2013

Don't let the rain do a number on you.

Rainy,chilly day on the Hooch. Grateful I don't have to water any of my newly emerging plants.  Love all the surprises.  Groups of lilies--I think?rising from a corner bed that I struggle to keep weeded.

Rock Man mowed down a year of weeds growing in-between our yards.  Those big boy toys are so handy sometimes.  Good thing I don't own one.  Could get dangerous on areas I get impatient with. 

Just remembered my little wooden weeding chair is still in the garden.  Oops.  It's just the right height to weed a flower bed and the high back is useful if you've got a back ache from too many bend-overs.  It's an old Sunday School chair. Gotta get it before the rain" does a number on it".  Just looked up that expression--means "does something bad to" .  From the 60's---for instance, bad relationship breakup and you mourn for weeks, your confused friends say,--"he really did a number on you".   Trivia for the day.

Time to make the donuts.  Have a wonderful, peaceful day.  Don't let the rain do a number on you.  Shake it off, man!

Post # 200. If you like these posts please become a follower and share with your friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment