Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wearing purple

Top a the morning to you.  Ireland has clicked on, as has Canada.  9 countries--how fun is that. 

Yesterday got to read the "Warning" poem to 11 Red Hat Ladies.  "When I am an old woman I shall wear purple."  I was a really young girl when I started wearing purple.   Grandmother sewed for my sister and me--matching dresses--I think that's why I started plumping up as a child so I wouldn't have to wear hand-me-downs that were identical to my can't-squeeze-me-ins.

Felt like Martha's staff this morning dead heading day lilies.  Not sure if you have to but it sure makes them look prettier.  Ours are showing off their tall orange faces in the front garden.  They had led a sheltered, sunless life in the back garden so now they are free to stand tall and bloom. 

Time to start the day and the trek to Columbus.  Peace to all this wonderful Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment