Tuesday, March 27, 2012

All the trees of the forest sing for joy

Duke boy and I attempted to level our birdbath yesterday.  Perhaps all our birds will have that  hill cow disease  where one set of legs is shorter than the other.  Did I mention the birdbath was vintage so it has some cracks which lends itself to a beautiful trickling effect when the bath is full, but you do have to look fast to notice it .  A lovely ambiance is struck under the crepe myrtles where we located this new garden treasure.

 Hopefully the birds will appreciate our efforts.  I interrupted the bath of an Eastern Towhee yesterday in the river garden, this is according to http://www.allaboutbirds.com/ .  What a wonderful website where you can even listen to the calls of the birds.  OK, back to the bath,  I didn't exactly disturb him, he completed his morning toilet as I watered flowers on the other side of the garden. Speaking of that--it's probably time to go yell at the cat who likes to try and have my birds for his morning snack.  He's not my cat and I don't yell at him too much because I suspect he's the reason I've only  SEEN less than five snakes in my garden over the nearly 12 years we've lived here.

 Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;
   let the sea resound, and all that is in it.
12 Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them;
   let all the trees of the forest sing for joy. 
  Psalm  96

Except for the sea--all this is in my garden this morning.  The river is quiet and peaceful.  Hope your day is full of this kind of wonder.  This is your last Tuesday in March 2012 to see all this.  Go outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment