Saturday, May 2, 2015

My reTired life

Exciting times in the Valley.  Spent two days this week pulling weeds and spreading pine straw.  My results are impressive.  Wish my back and legs could share the enthusiasm for success.  Up in the night due to inability to get comfortable, I think.  Could be the iced tea at supper.  Probably not decaf. 

Did have exciting time travel with the family, minus DukeBoy plus the Divine Ms. M.

  Omaha was our destination.

  Visited there in 1979 to see Camp Sumatanga friend and his wife and returned for a visit while I was there.  They now live in Avoca.  In an old schoolhouse.  Very cool and totally non cost effective but a beautiful save of a great landmark.  They are both musicians and our smallest Hedgies were treated to music, instruments and dancing.  What fun.  The mural covered the wall in the auditorium.   Check out their website www.greenblattandseay.com


Spring arrived in Omaha about the same time we did.  Crabapple trees, lilac bushes, and tulips.  Oh my...Visited Laurentiz Gardens too.  Wild turkeys looking for girlfriends.  Saw the sign at the front desk about " possible aggressive behavior" after Hedgie Girl gobbled at one of the guys and he responded loudly. Big turkey.  Indoors there was a Lego display with some beautiful creations feature thousands of Legos. Quite impressive.  I remember trying to assemble a Santa leggo--not in my skill set.  DukeBoy did quite well with it.

Too chilly to be outside pulling weeds this morning.  Started this awhile back and didn't finish due to weed pulling.  Nearing the end of pine strawing.  Would have done sooner but DukeBoy and I went to LaGrange Master Gardeners plant sale last week.  We NEEDED another plant.  Got some neat stuff : brown fig tree, moonlight cactus--grower told me that I'd have to stay awake to see it bloom--good luck with that---hostas, bachelors' buttons, herbs.  More things to plant and WATER.  Craziness. 



No comments:

Post a Comment