Wednesday, January 28, 2015

In case you were wondering...

Water filled my shoe yesterday at a well know baby store.  A puddle formed around my feet.  The clerk looked at me in disbelief.  I'd just thanked her for my 15% discount that I'd had to beg for because I couldn't find my coupon.  The boys sat in the stroller, a huge box with a baby gate spilled out--luckily not in liquid form from my buggy. 

I'm sure I'm not the first person to have their water break at this store.  Many pregnant women moved to other lines while the cashier called for a clean up and opened another register.  I apologized for my uncontrollable issue but I was just asked to sign the ticket. 

Good news is that I love wool sox in winter.  Wool sox "wick water" away from your feet.  Those were some wicking sox.  My Sketchers never missed a beat with their rubber soles.  My pants were another story.  People were very understanding as I continued my check out. 

Hedgie Girl didn't give me the number on her account so she could claim the points offered by the store.  She wasn't about to call out her name as identification.  She did quickly sprint to the back while giggling to get a new gallon of "nursery water". 

She told me later that I just stood there while the big broken jug chugged out water on my feet.

Perhaps now that I'm retired things that are unexpected will continue to challenge my brain so that atrophy will be less pronounced.  This is what I'm doing now that I'm retired in case you were wondering....

No comments:

Post a Comment