Monday, May 5, 2014

Sitting with Dex

Sharing the evening with Dex. What a beautiful time. Did some weedin in Eden today.  We are getting ready for company and I'm trying to reclaim the yard.  No Name (NN) stayed close by this afternoon while I was sticking my hands in briars and brambles so thick that a rabbit wouldn't go---some of you may be old enough to remember that song--fired our guns and the British kept a comin...
name that tune.



Anyhow, I didn't discourage his presence since I know he's a pouncer--I didn't see anything with no shoulders but I'm sure they were there.  My sister, the science teacher, told me about  an outdoor class she took where they put rubber snakes all over the woods and challenged them to locate them.  They missed a lot--this evidently was meant to mimic really life in the woods.  I guess we'd all stay deep indoors if we  knew all of what lurked there.  Or course, that also means the canna lilies, daises, and butterfly bushes are never uncovered either.  Gardening and life--lots of choices and hazards but an amazing amount of wonder too.  Get out there--where gloves--take clippers, check for ticks.  Thought I just felt something crawling on my back...nope. Gotta bathe. 

1 comment: