Monday, May 12, 2014

Mom movies,Cow patties, kisses, and catfish

Winding down with Dex after an action packed MDW--Mother's Day weekend.  It began with a celebration of  the premier of Moms' Night Out.  A movie written and produced by my nephews, The Erwin Brothers.  They were very happy young men with happy families.  My fav part of the movie is where Bones, played by CMS, country music singer, Trace Adkins, listens to a stress paralyzed young mother and gives her a dose of grace.  See the movie for his profound delivery of the message.  Love that voice.  I'm gonna have to start listening to his music now.
Andy Erwin Premier of Moms' Night Out in Alabaster, AL
Jon Erwin autographing posters

My Mom and niece with one of the new boys






Top of the River companions
My beautiful Mom before she had 4 kids

 Duke Boy's Mom
3 generations of beautiful women enjoying cheesecake last year.


Next had breakfast with a bestest and older friend---and her sweet younger husband.  Then a tour of their new home to be.  So happy for them.  Got to tour my new bedroom for future spend the night parties--usually before Bama games.  Her only child, Kevin, was 31 on Saturday.  Happy Birthday Kevin.  His baby Hannah will be 1 soon.  Love that family. 

Then on to Camp Sumatanga.  My first visit there in several years.  I spent summers these as a youth.  This time I got to help introduce my sweet grandtwins to nature .  They love the outdoors.  They are having a Grand Camp this summer for grandparents to take their grands. They are a little young at two months.   Gotta be 4.  Sorry boys.

 Discovering that Double Sugharing is a little like childbirth.  If you remembered it then you'd never then think about doing it again.  Saturday night we kept them through "the witching hours" while their parents shot a wedding.  Lovely--we went and took the boys up the mountain at Sumatanga to the chapel.  They were grand and quiet during the ceremony. The reception was at the bride's family's horse farm--I only saw the cows.  It was under an amazing open air structure with a fabulous view.  I got to dance with Tomlin or Thatcher, I forget which, for the first time in public.  We have had several private dances. 

 The boys were so impressed with the cows that one of them went to the room later and tried to replicate a cow patty in his diaper.  Whew.  I thought I was gonna have to hose him down--instead I used 2 dozen wipes. 

After the cow patty adventure--Paw and I tagged teamed and sang many Bible songs, and any other songs we could think of to get them to stop screaming. Bless their hearts and ours. Later after their parents came home they smiled sweetly at us from their zipped tight Houdini swaddlers .

Today we make the trek with 10,000 others--no lie--to the Top of the River in Anniston.  The onion rings were my fav.  Not all 10,000 were there with us--just 500 can be seated at a time.  The other best part was being with 4 guys and one amazing girl.  We parted ways after lunch and Duke Boy and I headed to West Point.

While I was preparing to blog I was interrupted by Hedgie Girl.  She made me hurry outside where I received adorable pix of the boys.  Got in some quick kisses to all before they headed off to bestow blessings on other Moms. 

Great times.  Hope all of you had special blessings this day.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment