Monday, January 27, 2014

Vote for me, Erma fans

Done. I'm officially entered in the Erma Bombeck Writing Competition Contest.  Who knew it would be so hard to limit it to 450 words.  I remember when I first sent an article to our local paper and the editor said. " I need 500 words."  No...that's a lot! Now I don't seem to be able to put the lid back on the box. My entry # was 1500+.  I would like you all to enter your prayer closets because this is surely more important than world peace. 

If I win then I could go to the Erma Bombeck Worshop in Dayton, Ohio in April.  I could also win $500 --to cover the cost of a one way ticket, maybe?  Maybe someone will loan me snow boots.

Thanks to Ron King, my PI boss, who encouraged me to write about 12 years ago.  It has truly expanded my horizons.  I am a celebrity at the Wal-Mart in the Valley.  "Aren't you the lady who writes for the paper?  You are so funny!"  Hope the EB people in Dayton think so. 

I'm having a Zippidy Do Da kind of day.  Hope you are too.

Snow this week---really?  This is January...time to get out the shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment