Sunday, February 10, 2013

Reclaiming the lost

I'm involved in a reclamation project--my garage. New shelving, new plastic containers, new floor--no wait--same floor just able to see it now.  OK--parts still aren't visible.  Good news--buried treasures.  Wag these treasures back into the house --soon the floor will become invisible there too--bad plan.  Instead I wagged a load to my booth at Bluffton Antiques.  Easter bunnies are ready to greet you there. 

My house is also filled with flowers--daffodils, lilies of the valley, and hyacinths.  Picked while watching the sunset over the river.  Chilly,but lovely.  Afternoons like this tease me into thinking that spring will soon be here. If I thought that was true I'd have picked up all the limbs and sticks in the yard.  Instead I picked up some cushions and headed for a seat to continue enjoying the show.

This week Lent begins.  I love Lent.  Today while putting items in my booth I was talking with a friend about Lent and Easter.   Her child said, "I'm gonna give up baths for Lent."  We got a good laugh out of the that one.  I don't usually "give up" anything for Lent.  I like to "take up" more  intense studying of scripture during Lent by using the book that our church studies. I miss the Lenten study  because I work out of town on Wednesday night but since I live with the preacher if I have questions I have my own theologian available 24/7. I try not to wake him up...much.  Find a place to walk through the 40 days of Lent.  Get ready for the Resurrection. Maybe it can be your reclamation project for the next 40 days.  Who knows what treasures await you?
Beautiful day on the Hooch

No comments:

Post a Comment