Saturday, December 15, 2012

Prayers to Connecticut

You have another opportunity today ... be the person  you want to be to those you love.

  The sad events yesterday in Connecticut remind us all how our lives can change in an instant.  Yesterday I spent the day in the bed because I was sick.  When I turned on the TV and heard the news I felt worse.  I made myself not overload my already sick body with all that horror and spent time sleeping and reading instead of watcing the news. When I called my Mom last night, I encouraged her to turn off the TV and do something else.

Your young children don't understand that the ever repeating news isn't happening over and over again.

Today I plan to turn off the TV and do something else.  Pray for the victims, those dead and alive.

If you live near the Valley come and ride the free Merry-go-round, view the Nativity scene, enjoy the Christmas lights down JL King Drive in Shawmut.  Hug your little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment