Friday, May 18, 2012

Spring loveliness


Bridal steps to the river

Arriving home last night my front garden was just excited to me.  Duke Boy's gorgeous hybrid day lilies amaze us daily with their unique colors and shapes.  A clump of yellow ones with the evening light coming through their petals really caught my eye as I walked to my door. 
"The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of its scent nor the daisy of its simple charm.  If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness."
                                                  Therese of Lisieux

My daises are about to burst forth in the house garden.  Therese is right they have simple charm that distinguishes them from the elegant lilies.  Time to give all of them a drink. My hoses have been used to define a natural area on my front lawn--hmm--hoping the grass is dead under them after a week.  If I leave them there my garden is going to look naturally dead. 

Peace to all this gorgeous spring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment