Thursday, April 5, 2012

Warbling sweet arpeggios in the Garden

I want y'all to know that from now on if you call me a "bird brain" that I won't be offended.  While I was resting on the patio yesterday listening to my birds sing I read an article in Duke Magazine , page 34,  research on birds and their songs and how it may assist in a treatment for Huntington and Parkinson diseases.  Birds brains are evidently pretty similar to ours in many ways.  DO NOT TRY TO FLY without purchasing a ticket today! I noticed evidence of this intelligence yesterday while sitting in my dining room observing a cardinal .  I believe it was trying to tell "get out of that chair and put some water in this leaky, wop sided excuse for a birdbath".  He did look like at me with his little head cocked to the side for several deeply concentration filled moments.  I am not making fun.  It was a deeply connecting moment.  Today I shall fill that leaky bath again! 

Today you are invited to worship at Shawmut UMC at 6PM as we remember Maundy Thursday.  

Listen for the songs and remember your connection through your Creator today.

"The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land ."  Song of Solomon  2:12  

"Spring warblers are filling the forest with sweet arpeggios."   Song of Solomon from The Message.

I just tried to look up "the voice of the turtle" and was a little disappointed that I could only find information on rock bands and journals.  Those of you who know these things need to send me a comment on turtle noises.  Is there such a thing?  Will one talk to me on the patio soon?  I want to be prepared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment