Saturday, March 10, 2012

We've got to get ourselves back to the garden...

  "We must want to be changed by Jesus' marvelous act of loving..."
Madeleine L'Engle.
What a struggle that is for me right now.  It's so much easier to do all my usual stuff!  I know that path most days.  I suit up for the ordinary and God seems to deliver the  impossible or at least what seems to spot light on all my weaknesses.  When will I know to chance the other path?

OK, speaking of paths.  I hope to travel many beautiful ones today.  I'm going to Gibbs Gardens in Ball Ground, GA with a dear friend and perhaps the Duke boy.  Duke is on TV at 3 today which puts a bit of a kink in the timing.  I have not allowed for Jesus to change me on the fact that I want a relaxing day with no drama over the radio and whether we can find the station with the game.  Back to the Garden...sounds scriptural but it's probably more Woodstock..."we are stardust, we are golden, and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden".  Was Joni singing about Eden?  Don't know.  Do know the Woodstock song isn't available for my ring tone.  Sad.  On a quest for the most daffodils blooming at one time in the country.

Almost forget what a super job the Duke boy did on the yard yesterday while I had to work to catch up from being out.  His John Deere cranked on the first try.  Thank you, God.  The weedeater cranked.  It was truly a spring miracle.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun! I think I read about that garden in Southern Living last week. At least I remember a place with tons and tons of daffodils.

    ReplyDelete