Saturday, March 3, 2012

Miracles on the Hooch

     A miracle happened in our home last night.  My husband heard the tornado siren before me and WOKE ME UP.  Then he went downstairs with our dog and... here is the amazing part--he went willingly to the basement with me.  I had  readied the basement by checking our radio (that stays there), having a flashlight, and  putting some chairs out.   I confess we've been know to lay in bed and listen to the siren, wind, and rain surround our house because we were just too tired to get up.  If we'd been killed we would have missed all the "Lord's will" statements when the truth was "just too tired to get up".  All the folks who did lose their homes or lives last night are in my prayers.  I don't believe it was the "Lord's will" and  I'm sure some of them did try to take cover and some were just too tired to get up. I believe this time of year is full of inclement weather and those in its path are often devastated.  Be vigilant today since I'm not sure we're in the clear yet.
     "We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace."  William E. Gladstone (look him up)  British Prime Minister

No comments:

Post a Comment