Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lonesome valley to belly laughs

"Any discipline involves participation in suffering...and the occasional stabbing joys that come from being part of the human drama." Madeleine L"Engle.  Today I know I will be involved in some suffering since that is the nature of my discipline, and my hope is that I will also get to witness some stabbing joy.  Most of us walk that lonesome valley feeling the weight of our pain on days with suffering.  I am fortunate to have colleagues who support me in my walk when the day seems to have little joy.  You already know I have a great family that provides much joy in my day.  My prayer for you today is that God will put others in your path to lift you up when the suffering seems too much and to offer you  a good belly laugh as well.  This morning my laughter is from the fact that I've already pulled my over sized trash can to the road before the truck even entered my neighborhood.  Ha, Ha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment