Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday and the cleansing blaze

     Up in the night catching up on my worrying.  "My help comes from the Lord." Psalm 121:2.  Good reminder from a calendar beside my chair where I sit to write, worry, and wonder.  Or ponder.  Difficult to live far away from family when health issues are occuring.  Actually it's hard to live away anytime. Praying for guidance on how to help. 
     Today is Ash Wednesday.  It's my favorite day of Lent.  Those Ashes on my head remind me of baptism.  Of course, I don't remember mine since my parents did that for me as a baby but I imagine that feeling of being marked for God when I'm at Ash Wednesday.  This morning my devotion was on a spiritual fire of forgiveness and renewal.  I'm adding that to to my day and have set some things ablaze that are cluttering my heart.  Got to find a service to get to today since I'd won't be able to make it back to Shawmut tonight from Columbus.Peace to you this special day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment