Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Eden's bounty revisited

Lord, I my vows to thee renew;
Scatter my sins as morning dew;
Guard my first springs of thought and will,
And with Thyself my spirit fill.
  The Hymnal from the Protestant Episcopal Church in the US in 1892

This is from my latest estate sale treasures.  Tiny little book, leather, with the wonderful feathery pages.  I have added it to my devotional treasure chest for morning reading. 

My Catawba lily had two blooms for a brief fleeting moment yesterday.  When I got home the hoppers had found it.  Very sad.  I need a glass dome like The Little Prince had for his rose. Great little book.

My poor magenta flocks have succumbed to the heat.  They were lovely for a minute.  I'm hoping they'll return to me next year.

Spent time this morning emptying new boxes of peaches and tomatoes into wooden bowls so that I'm tempted with Eden's bounty upon entering my kitchen.  Thank you Lord, for such deliciousness.

Peace to all this Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment