Monday, April 9, 2012

Let down the nets

"Master, we've been fishing hard all night and haven't caught even a minnow. But if you say so, I'll let out the nets."
                                      Simon Peter  Luke 5   The Message

It's Monday and next Monday taxes are due, I've worked hard all night in my dreams.  Time to let out the nets for another week.  The good news is I've got a couple of days off to find a buried treasure in my garage that I can put in my booth at Bluffton Antiques in Lanett for someone to take to their home and love.  On Friday I took some silver dollars to Belcher's to cash in but they were closed.  Boo hoo.  Really wanted some weekend $ since my real money was promised to taxes.  Walked just next door to Bluffton and a man was looking at the coin booth near mine.  We exchanged pleasantries and he asked me if the coins were mine.  No, but... a few moments later he was smiling about his new purchase and so was I.  Think that might have been a God moment.  Unfortunately, if burglars are reading this I don't have any more silver.  Less than 30 pieces, way less, on Good Friday. 

My garden is also calling my name today.  Duke boy and I toiled all day on Saturday.  He put 20,000 steps on his pedometer and I put a bizillion ups and downs on my garden stool.  Told Duke boy to remind me on Sunday when I mentioned the ER and possible heart attack that I'd pulled vines that Tarzan would have loved to have swung on from my flowers beds.  English Ivy or perhaps Boston, one of those, is bad news unless you have full time staff in your garden.  I'm grateful that my Sunday arm pain wasn't a heart attack because he remembered that conversation when I complained. 

                          Let down your nets...an have a fabulous and full Easter Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment