Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hosta, hydrangea, hope, happy garden thoughts

Our gardens are beautiful.  I don't have sweeping vistas like the magazine.  I have the wander around the yard and go --hurrah--I have 5 hostas today!! I only had 2 yesterday.  Look at those 3 super cute pink Gerber daises on really long stems.  Wow! We have tons of yellow shorty day lilies. Wait for the plethora of hydrangea blooms soon.  I'm so excited I'll be eating those gazillion blueberries on my cereal soon.  And---those devil thorny vines are nearly gone for THIS week. That's how the conversation went as Duke boy and I wandered the gardens at dusk.

Ok, I just reread that and I probably didn't say plethora--Ok, I didn't.  But isn't that a great word.  It seems a shame to only use it when referring to weeds. Actually, I didn't say "we" on the day lilies--I said "you" .  Those are HIS! A gift from a member of a previous church. 

 If the rain holds off we shall be out there tomorrow moving around the things we planned tonight while having a brag fest about our garden on the patio. 

Gardeners are never bored during such beautiful weather.

Peace to all and a happy dirt digging Saturday to you.

The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11

No comments:

Post a Comment