Thursday, June 7, 2012

Walking in the Divine

The Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words.   Romans 8:26  (NRSV)
This scripture reminds me that many times in my work that I can just shut my mouth and wait for the Spirit to intercede where I am unable to go--because some of that suffering is just too deep for words.  Those are the daily divine interventions that I  miss because in the next moment I am running my mouth again to try and soothe--the Spirit has already moved.  I can relax and just be present and pray for my own intercession.  I pray for an awareness of the divine today not just in my office. 

The Spirit is see and feel in my garden.  I am open to an intercession.  Fresh blueberries, a ripe tomato, beautiful lilies, even those well made grasshoppers.  My hydrangea to remember sweet Thomas putting on new growth. 

Peace for your day.                          Walk in the Divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment