Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Missing the porch swing

     Took time to have lunch with a cousin today who I hadn't seen in nearly twenty years.  It was great to catch up and hear about her family.  Our families visited almost weekly  growing up so it didn't take long to feel like family again. Her mom was one of my favorite people as a child because she had such a great sense of humor.  She could say things to my mother that seemed outrageous to me then, and my mother would laugh instead of getting angry about it.  I long for that gift of delivery. This cousin was a bright spot in our two days of doctors' appointments and health issues.  I mentioned a family reunion but those take planning and time which most of us seem to have too little of these days.  I did send my blog address to her sister so perhaps we can reunite via the web.  I also long for the swing on my aunt's front porch where my cousin, Martha, and I spent a lot of time being silly.  Sorry you couldn't make lunch with us, cuz.  We had you there in spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment